On November 13th in their own building, the Knights thumped the Hornets, 85-56.
The game came down to a big separation in shooting and defensive rebounding.
The Knights shot a huge 65% and could not be stopped, while the Hornets shot 36%. UCF used defensive rebounds to establish possession of the ball, with an advantage of 29 to 16.
Isaiah Sykes was the high scorer for the Knights with 23 points on 71% shooting in 33 minutes. Keith Clanton helped out with 11 rebounds.
This is a good start for UCF, who will be pushing hard to beat preseason expectations this year. The Knights are now 2-0.
Next on the schedule the Knights face Savannah State at home on November 18th.
- Keith Clanton recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 19th of his career.
- Keith Clanton accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- UCF started 2-0 during the 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Sykes and Keith Clanton) accounted for 50.5% of the points.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:58 left to go.
Alabama State Game Notes:
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, ASU has been on the losing end of 20 blowout games.
- Josh Freelove has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This loss extended the Hornets losing streak to 3 games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Isaiah Sykes
, Keith Clanton